The Department of Korean Language and Literature in Sungkyunkwan University invites applicants for a tenure-track position in All fields of “Korean Language and Literature” to start in September 1, 2019.
□ Overview of Invitation sector and Responsibilities
- Successfully conduct and publish scholarly research in area of specialization; Someone who can conduct in-depth research and teaching on new issues in international Korean language and literature field.
- Responsibilities of the position include teaching undergraduate courses in Korean language, literature and culture by English and Korea (related to own major)
- Teach MA- and Ph. D-level courses in Korean language, literature and culture, including critical issues in Korean language and literature by English and Korea
- Advise undergraduate students and supervise graduate students in the Department of Korean Language and Literature and related programs. (Department of Korean Language Education, Program of Comparative Cultures, Program of Glocal Culture Contents and Academy of East Asian Studies)
- Faithfully Contribute to departmental and university service belonging to R&D project at home and abroad : Other duties as assigned.
- Take a leading role in international students guidance (mainly Chines Students) and international cooperations.
- High levels of proficiency in academic Korean and English; Well oriented in education, departmental meetings and university works in Korean Language.
□ Minimum Qualifications
Ph.D. in Korean literature or Korean Language or closely related field, from a college or university of recognized standing. All requirements for degree must be completed by April 2019;
Established strong commitment to excellence in teaching and service;
Evidence of scholarly achievement in the field;
Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collegially with students, faculty, department and university staff, and administration.
□ Teaching Course (Major-related Courses from the following courses)
Introduction to Korean Studies, Korean Classics, Modern Korean Literature, Korean Linguistics, History of Korean Literature, Korean Popular Culture, Issues of Korean Cultures, Glocal cultural Contents and Korean Wave, Korean Language Acquisition and etc.
□ Desirable Qualifications
Ability to develop new courses and programs in Korean language, literary history, culture and interdisciplinary fields.
※ Submit Korean application documents